Gerardo (Jerry) H. Gonzalez’ distinguished practice experience includes litigation for major companies, government entities and new ventures. His experience includes other facets of legal representation including employment related matters and economic inclusion issues affecting transactions, real estate and client business. He chaired the litigation practice of a major law firm and earlier in his career the transactions practice. He actively supports the private sector and has previously conferred with a U.S Presidential candidate as well as other political leaders.
Select Awards & Recognitions
- Named as one of the 25 Most Influential Hispanic Lawyers by Latino Leaders, 2016, 2017
- AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell, Bar and Judiciary selected
- Included on the Super Lawyers® list annually
- Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society consisting of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers)
- Selected to the honorary Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- Hispanic Professional of the Year by the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee (HPGM)
- Wisconsin’s Leaders in the Law
- Partners in Profit Award of Excellence through the NMSDC
Bar & Court Admissions
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Courts for the Western Districts of Wisconsin,
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for Northern District of Indiana.
Select Professional and Civic Activities
- Co-Founder of National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF), organization dedicated to economic inclusion of lawyers.
- MacIver Institute, Board Member, dedicated media source supporting the Free Market.
- Saint Charles Youth & Family Services, prior Board Member and Board Chairperson, organization dedicated to supporting court referred children.
- The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, prior Board Member, Member of the Executive Committee. Multi-billion dollar Government Sponsored Entity dedicated to fair housing in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Served on the State of Wisconsin Governor’s Judicial Selection Committee appointed by Governor Scott Walker
Selected Published or Relevant Case Experience
- Bruner Corp. V. R.A. Bruner Co., 133 F. 3d 491 (1998)
- Clean Wisconsin Inc. v. Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, 282 Wis. 2d 250 (2005)
- Meyers v. Bayer AG, 735 N. W. 2d 448 (2007)
- Peters v. Quality Latex, Inc., 24 F. Supp. 2d 927 (1998)
- Thomas v. Mallett, 275 Wis. 2d 377 (2004)
- Diversity Trends: “Your” Business, Legal Pitfalls and Opportunities
- Litigation Trends: Why Wisconsin is Interesting
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Issues with Arbitration Clauses in US Domestic and International Contracts
- The Changing Face of Law Firms – Preparing for the Future
- Gonzalez Economic Inclusion Blog Mr. Gonzalez discusses legal and other issues involved with helping clients strengthen impoverished communities and people through business and private sector inclusion efforts.
- Employment and Litigation Blog
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School,
- -Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal
- B.B.A., Finance and Marketing, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Kellogg School of Management, NMSDC Advanced Management Education Program, Executive Program, Northwestern University, 2010