Gerardo (Jerry) H. Gonzalez’ distinguished practice experience includes representing all sizes of companies and government entities. He has successful tried cases in federal and state courts and chaired the litigation practice of a major law firm. He has litigated non-competition agreements and wage and hour disputes as well as a variety of civil and criminal matters. Mr. Gonzalez has substantial transactional experience with an emphasis in real estate. He actively supports Hispanic private sector growth. Mr. Gonzalez has a national network of political leaders and attorneys that he has worked with to address client and community needs. Mr Gonzalez previously served as Managing Partner of Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan LLP until 2010. During his tenure as Managing Partner, Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan LLP enjoyed twenty (20) years of consecutive economic growth from a single location to a highly rated national law firm servicing Fortune 500 companies. Gonzalez has also founded and grown other successful private sector organizations and served on several board of directors.
Select Awards & Recognitions
- Named as one of the 25 Most Influential Hispanic Lawyers by Latino Leaders, 2016, 2017
- AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, Bar and Judiciary selected
- Included on the Super Lawyers® list in Wisconsin and in Southwest Attorneys publications
- Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society consisting of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers)
- Selected to the honorary Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- Hispanic Professional of the Year by the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee (HPGM)
- Wisconsin’s Leaders in the Law
- Partners in Profit Award of Excellence through the NMSDC
Bar & Court Admissions
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Courts for the Western Districts of Wisconsin,
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois
- Trial Bar Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for Northern District of Indiana.
Select Professional and Civic Activities
- Co-Founder of National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF), organization dedicated to economic inclusion of lawyers.
- Saint Charles Youth & Family Services, prior Board Member and Board Chairperson, organization dedicated to supporting court referred children. Successfully participated in change of senior management.
- The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, prior Board Member, Member of the Executive Committee. Multi-billion dollar Government Sponsored Entity dedicated to fair housing in Illinois and Wisconsin. Successfully participated in change of president.
- Served on the State of Wisconsin Governor’s Judicial Selection Committee appointed by Governor Scott Walker
Selected Published or Relevant Case Experience
- Bruner Corp. V. R.A. Bruner Co., 133 F. 3d 491 (1998)
- Clean Wisconsin Inc. v. Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, 282 Wis. 2d 250 (2005)
- Meyers v. Bayer AG, 735 N. W. 2d 448 (2007)
- Peters v. Quality Latex, Inc., 24 F. Supp. 2d 927 (1998)
- Thomas v. Mallett, 275 Wis. 2d 377 (2004)
- Successfully represented robotics company with touch screen discovery related issues and averted litigation.
- Litigated non-competition agreements.
- Litigated wage and hour dispute arising under improper tip-pooling allegations.
- Diversity Trends: “Your” Business, Legal Pitfalls and Opportunities
- Litigation Trends: Why Wisconsin is Interesting
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Issues with Arbitration Clauses in US Domestic and International Contracts
- The Changing Face of Law Firms – Preparing for the Future
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School,
- -Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal
- B.B.A., Finance and Marketing, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Kellogg School of Management, NMSDC Advanced Management Education Program, Executive Program, Northwestern University, 2010